The RenOnBill tool is out! Download it to start to better evaluate energy efficiency interventions
The evaluation of energy efficiency interventions is affected by numerous parameters and variables and most of them are uncertain. On the other hand, most of the analyses do not include the estimation of the risk connected with the energy efficiency investments. This approach has led to perceiving energy investments by financial institutions as high-risk and thus limited their commitment.
Furthermore, utilities usually need to evaluate a portfolio of interventions in different parts of a country with different climatic conditions. This has an impact on the risk profile of the investment and on the possibility to analyse many interventions at the same time.
Previously announced with a webinar in January, the newly released RenOnBill tool tackles these issues by providing a simple and effective instrument directed mainly to both financial institutions and energy utilities. The RenOnBill tool aims in particular to:
- Simplify the estimation of energy savings for “non-technical users”
- Provide an adequate degree of flexibility for “technical users”
- Develop a complete financial analysis by including a probabilistic approach
- Bundle investments for an overall evaluation
The tool is organised in a modular structure considering three conceptual areas, namely:
- Engineering Analysis for the estimation of energy savings and associated costs
- Financial Analysis for the development of financial calculations and corresponding indexes, including the estimation of the on-bill component
- Risk Analysis for the determination of the uncertainty in the financial and energy estimations
These three items are combined to determine a final project rating to be used for ranking purposes of a single project or bundles of investments, and for creating a preliminary business plan.
By providing the users with a detailed amount of information for the development of sophisticated investment strategies and design of on-bill programs, the tool has the potential to facilitate large investments in energy efficiency interventions and thus upscaling the renovation rate that can thus help the EU reach its decarbonization goals.
Find all the material about the tool and the download link
Read the press release